Monday, December 3, 2012

What did it feel like when the pure hands of Jesus held my face and wiped my eyes? His love pours forth as oil over my head, mixing with my tears-  of eternal joy and happiness, of earthly sorrow and repentance. Every time I sat alone, the Lord was there in my heart, sympathizing with human weakness. He was there holding my face and speaking comfort, telling me to rise again. There is always hope for a believer. Our best days are not behind us, but ahead of us.

Jesus waited so long for me to respond, "I love you, with all my heart." To say, "I love you, I love you" with all the desire of a true bride. How long He patiently gave and pursued. How much His mercy is to be praised! The One who will never leave us, or give up. When no one else should like me at all; Jesus, thinks I am special. That is what the teacher tells us in kindergarten. "You are special." But, really, Jesus thinks that of us all our lives, perhaps the only person who will ever think so and value us as such. He is the love of the universe. The ever present God is very near, reaching out His words and hands of love to give new life. 

"If I say, “I will not mention him,
    or speak any more in his name,”
there is in my heart as it were a burning fire
    shut up in my bones,
and I am weary with holding it in,
    and I cannot."- Jer. 20:9

No comments:

Post a Comment