Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Ride of Circumstance

We experience an unworldly freedom when our circumstances no longer have the power to dictate our moods, reactions, and emotions. So often, human emotions are enslaved to a ride of circumstance. It starts a cycle of behaving and living in a way that will gratify the desire for joy at all costs. It breeds a human monster of selfishness and self-centeredness, because only when things go our way, or when great things happen, can we be happy.  We get the opportunity everyday however, to walk over the defeat of our beastly flesh; yet what an impossibility in the human power!  There is always occasion for learning contentment and the ability for it in Christ. "..for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content"- Philippians 4:11. Be encouraged, that it is allowed for us to still be learning contentment; since, it is a thing that cannot come naturally, but must be learned.  

 It is a supernatural victory to have joy in suffering and great hope in hopeless circumstances. The impossible living of the Christian is so paradoxically wonderful and outer-worldly. We have the resources in God to bear fruit in drought and to remain an evergreen, even when the rains delay. Rivers of living water may flow from our hearts whenever we believe Jesus.

The root of most of my dismay and discouragement comes from circumstances that I cannot see beyond.  When I am sad, and really stop to think about why, I realize that there is someplace where my unbelief has darkened my hope and joy. I am not believing in God's forgiveness perhaps, or not believing that His love and faithfulness will conquer the mess I have made; maybe I am not believing that God has my best in mind, even in a seemingly "contradictory" circumstance. Maybe we just don't believe God will bless us, or answer a long delayed prayer. But, God blesses us because He is good and delights to show mercy. God will bless you. You dont have to be good enough for God to bless you. In fact, He may even withhold some blessings until you realize that they cannot be deserved or earned. "The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made"- Psalm 145:9.






No comments:

Post a Comment