Sunday, April 21, 2013


I’ll let go of all, because all I can keep is you. Put my eyes to sleep to the pleasures of this world. Let them pass me by like the scenes of a train window. Let the disappointments fall by. I’ll pass them by like shadows in the field.
But your song floods my heart to hope for more, to joy in trusting you. To trust and obey.
This is the last half hour and soon I’ll be home. Maybe I’ll be last now, maybe overlooked, but so much more blessed than words could say. Let it all be well with my soul – I want to go all the way.
I am a thinking nobody in the dim reflection of this train window. A thinking nobody chosen by God for the best thing, only One thing. He is my destiny.

“Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, Nor allow My faithfulness to fail. My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips. Once I have sworn my holiness; I will not lie to David: His seed shall endure forever, And his throne as the sun before Me; It shall endure forever, And his throne as the sun before Me; It shall be established forever like the moon, Even like the faithful witness in the sky. Selah”- Psalm 89:33-37.

I pour my heart to you like a broken box of alabaster. I choose to extravagantly “waste” my heart, my life for your pleasure. You are eternally worthy of all worship. You are beautiful; you alone are good. You are right and true. Be still my heart, for you have found life in Him. Be still my soul, for God is your rest.
The fragrance of every broken heart rises as greater love for you. You are worth the broken box; nothing else compares. God, you are worth all and, in You, I truly have all.

“I will love you, O LORD, my strength” I will love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment